To add your web forms to your website, you should first have them on your Zoho CRM account. Once you have generated the forms, here is how you can add them to your website.
- Login to Zoho Sites.
- Under Form section look for Zoho CRM web forms widget, drag and drop it on your page.
- A window will open up, instructing you to select a form that you want to add to your site.
- Every time a record is created , an email notification can be generated.
- Users submitting data into your form can also be redirected to another page, probably a thank you page. This return URL has to be specified in Zoho CRM.
If you do not have any web forms on your CRM account yet, you can generate one now. Follow the following steps.
Generating web forms on Zoho CRM:
- Access www.zoho.com/crm
- Click on the Setup link on the right corner.
- Go to website Integration section where you would find three web forms.
- You can add those forms to your website if you have already created them.
Generating Web Forms:
To generate web forms for Leads, Contacts, and Cases
- Click Setup > Website Integration > Web-to-Leads/Contacts/Cases Form.
- In the Web to Lead/Contact/Case page, click Create Form.
- Specify the corresponding details in the following sections:
Generate Web FormForm Properties
- Enter a Form Name (eg. Feedback form, Data form, etc.).
- Enter the URL of the web page to which the visitor needs to be redirected once the web form is submitted. Specify a valid Return URL starting with "http://". This could be one of the page of your site.
- Enter the URL of the website where the web form is to be hosted in the Domain Name box. It should start with "http://". This could be your primary domain name prefixed with http://. This prevents spam and allows only forms submitted through the particular domain to be captured as valid information.
Select the check boxes of the fields that are to be displayed in the web form.
- Select the check box to if you need to enable manual approval of records generated through the web form.
- Click to select a user as owner of the records.
- Select the Lead/Contact/Case Assignment Rule from the list.
- Click Manage Assignment Rules link to create or modify the assignment rules.
Enable Contact Creation (only for Web-To-Case Form)
In the web-to-case form, when a visitor also submits the Contact information, you have the option to capture that information and automatically create a contact record in CRM. This is only the case when a similar contact does not already exist in Zoho CRM.
- Select the Enable Contact Creation check box.
- Once selected, contacts will be created in CRM when cases are submitted through the web form. The case record will also be automatically associated to the contact.
- Select the email template from the list.
- The template that you select will be used to send an auto-response email to the user who submits the form. When the details gathered through the web form does not satisfy the Auto Response Rule criteria, then the email template (acknowledgment email) selected while creating the web form will be sent.
- Select the Notify Owner check box to send an email to the owner, when a record is generated through your Website. Notify Owner option is not available in the Free Edition
Generate Web Form
Click Save & Next. It generates the HTML code for the web form.
The CRM Web form creation ends. You can now work on Site- builder by following Step 1 of this workflow.
Every time your website visitor enters information, respective record is created in Zoho CRM, then user will be redirected to Return URL. An email will be sent to your visitor if you have enabled Email Acknowledgment. You can use Return URL page to thank your visitor.
If you set Thank you Page in Zoho Sites, it will override Return URL in Zoho CRM.