Domain Mapping Overview
If you have purchased a domain elsewhere, but built your website on Zoho Sites, you need to edit your domain's DNS configuration to point your domain to Zoho Sites.
If you know about DNS configurations and want to do it yourself, you can look at the instructions provided below. Otherwise, we suggest you to seek help from your domain provider.
1. Create a CNAME Record with the host name 'www' and point it to zhs.zohosites.com.
2. Forward your root domain 'yourdomain.com' to 'www.yourdomain.com' (domain name with www).
Instructions to do it yourself
Your domain provider would have provided you an administrative console to manage and configure your domain. Administrative console's user interface may vary depending on the domain provider, but following basic steps are similar.
1. Login to your domain provider's administrative console.
2. Go to DNS Settings section.
3. Search for Forwarding option and click on the link to set domain forwarding.
4. Forward the domain name (domain name without www) to www.yourdomain.com (domain name with www) and save the changes.
5. Go to DNS configurations / Manage DNS section, add a "CNAME Record" with host name "www" and point it to zhs.zohosites.com.
6. Save the changes and logout.
Domain provider specific instructions
GoDaddy, Wild West Domains and plenty of other domain providers use similar Domain Manager. Given below is a walk through video.
For information about URL forwarding and CNAME configuration for other commonly used domain providers click on the help links given below.
If your domain provider does not provide a URL/domain forward option, you may make use of third-party URL redirect service providers like CloudFlare, NameCheap etc,. that provide you with an option to forward your domain name.